To unlock the full potential of our great cities to create a stronger, fairer economy and society
For all our cities to be fully empowered to shape their own future.
Our Core Values:
- We put our citizens are at the heart of everything we do.
- We are committed to shared leadership and working with others.
- We believe solutions to some of our biggest challenges lie in the hands of local people and communities
Our Way of Working:
- We are passionate and proud of the open, diverse and dynamic places we lead.
- We base our ideas on our experience of what does and does not work on the ground.
- We work across political parties and sectors, with government and its agencies, to get the best results we can.
Our Commitment to Change:
- We will help to deliver a fairer, more productive and inclusive UK economy.
- We will tackle the most challenging social and economic issues of our time, from homelessness to productivity.
- We will change the relationship between our citizens and the state, renewing democracy and citizenship by giving people more say in how their money is spent where they live.
- We want everyone to benefit from our vibrant and diverse city economies that drive our national economy.
- We will work towards a ‘smarter state’, embracing innovative thinking to make our services more responsive, more joined up and ultimately more effective.
- We will continue our work to influence government, making sure the voice of our great cities is heard and acted upon.
- We will continue to work together as a group to solve some of the everyday practical challenges our cities face.
- We will set out the analysis and policy ideas that will allow us to deliver each of these things, working collaboratively with others including education and business.
- We are committed to working internationally to boost our cities’ profile and learn from how other places create growth for everyone.